Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Drawings

I wanted to post this on Monday, however, our Internet connection as been spotty at best. So, I'll take this rare moment of connectivity to throw this stuff up here.

These are my favorite of the new drawings. The images could be better, I'll replace them as soon as I get a chance. I've been really happy with the drawings that I've been churning out lately. I've been spending a lot more time on each drawing and they have become more complex in terms of mark-making. I found a really nice image in the Spanish version of "Bazaar" that has been yielding quite a few drawings. I intend on mining this image to death. Maye be I'll throw that image up here as well, once I'm finished with it. I've only done one large drawing, but I'm excited to do two more. In the finished one, I worked from a finished small drawing, which made the large one lack energy and it became boring for me to work on. So, in the next large drawings, I'll be working right from the image. I'll have to deal with the prospect of wasting a large sheet of expensive paper if the drawing doesn't work.
I'm pretty close to resolving my current two installations. Hopefully I'll be able to post images of them in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Adam Hayes said...

Do not click on the link for "guhn's" comment, it is scam. It's not a real comment.

Anonymous said...

Hey man! I totally enjoy seeing what you are doing artistically now.

This is very cool! I look forward to seeing some more of your work in an actual studio or gallery sometime. But for now, the screen will do.