Monday, February 18, 2008

Reign of Dirt

If you look at the image above, you can see the rectangular outline of where one of my drawings was laying. Last week was the Reign of Dirt. (and the Rain of Dirt) On those two particularly windy days, every time the wind blew dirt would fall from between the planks of wood that make up our ceiling. I'm not sure what that means for the building. The dirt rain seemed to fall primarily over our drawing tables. I just happened to have all of my drawings spread out and Nicole just happened to have started a melt, which was still wet, of course.

Could be worse though. It put a kink in our artmaking for a day or two, but hasn't happened since. The dirt didn't leave any permanent marks on our work and we were able to just brush it off. Well, Nicole's piece actually became a colab with the ceiling and the wind.

This morning, however, I woke to find that the entire loft was exteremely humid due to the sudden temperature rise outside. All of my books, notebooks, paper, and drawings are warped and wavy. One of my magazines looked as if I had dropped it in a puddle.




No comments: